Selling your property
As with the buying process, the activities of a sale are divided into a number of basic steps. The overall concept that Red Palm Estate offers, gives you a safe and good process for the best sales price.
- Copy of deeds
- Copy of passport (all owners)
- NIE Number (all owners)
- Energy certificate (architect) / Certificado energético.
- Property certificate (architect). / Cedula of 2ª Occupation or License of 2ª Occupation. If your home is under 10 years, you do not need this as it has a validity period of 10 years.
- Note Simple. It is a printout from the property register where you can see if there are debts on the property or if there are submitted complaints about any extensions or changes that may have been made to the property. This report costs about 20 € and can be ordered through our service center or if you have your own representative.
- Copy of latest Suma invoice / receipt. (IBI)
- Copy of latest water and electricity bill.
- Latest payment of any urbanization fee and information about contact person / administration for the urbanization.
- Bank details
- It is also good if you have copies of telephone / internet / alarm agreements so this can be terminated if you are moving home for good.
Taxes and expenses
- Plus Valia. Additional tax to the municipality for stipulated increase in value of the plot’s value
- Profit tax for the actual purchase price
- Terminate any bank loans and erasure of debts in the property register.
- 3% of new legal value is paid to the tax authority if you are not a tax resident in Spain. If you have not made any profit from the sale or owe other taxes and / or fees to the state, this money can be applied for to get back.
- The broker’s fees as well as fees for legal representatives and any fees for other services.
When this is done, Red Palm Estate will present an agreement between you as the seller and us. This means that we can sign a purchase agreement for you in the event of a sale if you are not in Spain. If you do not plan to come to Spain to participate in the sale, you can give a power of attorney to your legal representative (our Service Center or other) so that they can represent you during the transaction with the notary and make any public changes and exchanges required.
The energy certificate and the property certificate should be made as soon as possible after you have decided to sell as it may take time to get it done, especially during the summer due to holiday periods. Contact your legal representative who can order an architect that can do it for you in good time, these are valid for 10 years so it is not a waste of money if you should change and want to wait with the sale.
For all homes we take in for direct sale, we write an exclusive agreement that lasts for 6 months and can then be extended.
We then send our photographer to take professional photos that stand out from other real estate ads sold in Spain. We avoid, as far as possible, wide-angle images and other things that can distort the perception of your home. It is incredibly important that the buyer gets the right idea about your home already at the first impression, so it will not be a negative surprise when they then see the home in reality.
We write a presentation of the home and you can read through and make additions if you want before we publish the ad.
We will advertise in several different media in different countries to reach the largest possible number of buyers. In addition, we share the home with brokers in our network. This means that the approximately 200 brokers who are part of the network, can also sell your home for the same price as we have on Red Palm Estate’s website. But you can be assured that we will not give out your keys. When another broker wants to show your home to a potential buyer, a representative from Red Palm Estate will be there to open up and answer questions.
Prepare the home for the photo shoot
Remember that there can be many properties for sale in your area and therefore it is important that your home looks as good as possible. Apart from the right price, it is important that the home is completed before the sale and becomes as attractive as possible.
If you want to achieve the best price for your home, it is not enough to hire a broker and think that the job is done. You have to sell a dream. It is therefore a matter of removing everything superfluous and ensuring that the home is presentable. Those who come to the viewing should be able to see in front of them what it would be like for them to live there. A tidy home also gives the impression of being larger. It is best if the home is furnished, but no more than it provides plenty of space. Clean, clean and ventilate the entire home and do not forget any garage or storage. If you are not there yourself, an agent from Red Palm Estate will do this for you! When a potential buyer enters the home, it is a combination of the aesthetic and the basic requirements that determines whether it will be a purchase.
It may pay to make an extra effort before the sale. With simple tricks, you can make your home more attractive for photography and viewing. Just ask us for advice and services!